GERAS currently carries out the following projects:
- Environmental Passion:
This is a radio sensitization program on burning environmental issues carried out over Ocean City Radio, a community radio broadcasting locally in Kumba and its environs on FM 88.5 MHz.
- Practical Environmental Education Program for Children
A hands-on environmental program focused on teaching young people from primary schools about the environment and the ways and reasons to protect it.
- Hygiene and Sanitation campaign at water springs in Kumba:
A hygiene and sanitation project designed to raise awareness and engage the community on water stewardship activities at water springs.
- Climate Change Workshops for Young People:
A new capacity building project targeting young people between the ages of 9 and 16 to raise them up as Young Climate Change Ambassadors.
- Earth Science Week:
This program is carried out each second week of October on themes decided upon by the American Geosciences Institute (AGI). It targets Geology Students of High Schools and engages them in activities that help them to discover the earth sciences and strives to increase public awareness of the vital role the geosciences play in the society’s use of resources, resiliency to natural hazards, and interaction with the environment.
- Celebration of Renowned International Environment days like the World Environment Day (WED), Earth Day, Ozone layer Day, etc in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Summer Beach Cleaning Campaign: GERAS joins the Little Angels of the Environment to carry out beach cleaning every summer holidays in Cameroon.
- Sea Level Rise Campaign:
GERAS currently carries out a Sea Level Rise, a campaign of FiveFeet.org and overseen by BT Hathaway. GERAS currently engages its Cameroonian partners in this campaign like the Little Angels of the Environment Cameroon – LANEC and Environmental Protection and Development Association – EPDA.